Non-native retake: from 530-640 in 3.5 week

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Non-native retake: from 530-640 in 3.5 week

by Pieteeerr » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:36 am
After about 1,5 month of thorough studying (Manhattan booklets, OG's) I took the GMAT. Real bummer, I scored a 530 (needed at least a 600). It was obvious that my approach wasn't effective at all, so I began to look for other online prep companies. I came across EMPOWERgmat. What I liked at first is that you can try it out for 24 hours and after that you pay a monthly fee of $99,- and that's it - you get acces to all the content and you can choose your x month study plan. I only had about a month so I chose the 1 month study plan. The content is simply great. EMPOWERgmat got the GMAT all figured out and knows exactly how it works. They arranged the topics in such order that you're optimally prepared upon test day. They have mini clinic videos - explaining the best techniques and tactics for a particular subject. Furthermore they back-up every question with a short, but powerful explanation video. For me it was almost fun, preparing for the GMAT this way, since I knew that everything I was doing, was the right thing at the right time. The support team is awesome as well. Whenever you have a question they almost immediately reply.

In my month of preparation with EMPOWERgmat I only got to finish about 40% of the content, but still got up 110 points - I mean that's just amazing. I firmly believe that if one completes all the content from EMPOWERgmat (preferably in a 3 month study plan - this gives you a life besides the GMAT), the 700 is an easy target.

I would recommend everyone to go with EMPOWERgmat, they are great!

(skipped AWA & IR)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:14 am
Hi Pieteeerr,

That's FANTASTIC news! Raising a 530 to a 640 in under a month is a significant achievement - and it sounds like you hit your Score Goal (with points to spare)! You mentioned 'needing' a 600, so I assume that you have a specific School/Program that you're planning to apply to. With this higher Official Score though, you might have additional options that you have not considered yet.

1) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

Another GMAT Assassin has been made!
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]