630 to 740--I went with Magoosh, and I think you should too

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I am unpaid or compensated in any way for this post, I just wrote a thank-you note to the Magoosh GMAT study program and they suggested I could post here if I like, so I am.

I feel compelled to write this because 1) I am jubilant at my score; and 2) I rarely feel so strongly about a product as I do for the Magoosh GMAT study program. The reason I chose Magoosh was because I was already referencing all of their free blog post material and found it to be the best free material out there in scope of content and quality of explanations, so I figured I would give their full program a whirl.

As I told them in my thank-you note to them, I wasn't the most diligent student (due to laziness and existential questions over the utility of pouring 100+ hours into preparing for a standardized exam), but nonetheless I was still able to raise my score substantially. I credit this to the their team's philosophy of truly understanding the basics and only then proceeding from there. Their videos are comprehensive in their explanations and they leave no stone unturned on any of the concepts you may encounter. I also really like that their practice question interface mimics the actual GMAT's interface, which I think helped me a lot (I'm approaching 30 so I'm used to the olden days of paper).

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again to Mike and his gang, couldn't have done it without you guys. Cheers

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by amontobin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:17 am
hgmoo5, I'm curious to your opinion of how you recommend to use Magoosh. What daily study routine worked best for you?

by cezartrotta » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:21 pm
Hey there,

So ..I'm very curious too... How many months did you study with Magoosh?

Did you like Verbal and Quant on Magoosh or just one of those?

Tks

by whiplash17 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:31 pm
I've been using it for two months and also love the product. Would really like to hear how you approached it as a tool and what worked for you - I'm a month away from first test date with a long way to go.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by barksdale » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:18 pm
Appreciate the breakdown. The Magoosh price is right in that budget sweet spot.

TTT

by s_sandoval » Sat May 12, 2018 1:13 pm
hgm005 wrote:I am unpaid or compensated in any way for this post, I just wrote a thank-you note to Magoosh and they suggested I could post here if I like, so I am.

I feel compelled to write this because 1) I am jubilant at my score; and 2) I rarely feel so strongly about a product as I do for Magoosh's GMAT study program. The reason I chose Magoosh was because I was already referencing all of their free blog post material and found it to be the best free material out there in scope of content and quality of explanations, so I figured I would give their full program a whirl.

As I told them in my thank-you note to them, I wasn't the most diligent student (due to laziness and existential questions over the utility of pouring 100+ hours into preparing for a standardized exam), but nonetheless I was still able to raise my score substantially. I credit this to the their team's philosophy of truly understanding the basics and only then proceeding from there. Their videos are comprehensive in their explanations and they leave no stone unturned on any of the concepts you may encounter. I also really like that their practice question interface mimics the actual GMAT's interface, which I think helped me a lot (I'm approaching 30 so I'm used to the olden days of paper).

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again to Mike and his gang, couldn't have done it without you guys. Cheers
Cheers on your success! Which Magoosh study plan did you use. It's been a while since you posted. If others are using magoosh, please share your study plan preference. Thanks!