EMPOWERgmat got me from 680 to 730 :)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

EMPOWERgmat got me from 680 to 730 :)

by CBHS2016 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:17 am
After self-prep with the Manhattan book series, I was pretty excited to get a 680 on my first try. But ultimately I knew I needed to break 700 to be considered competitive for a top 20 b-school. I loved EMPOWERgmat because it did just that. I spent one month with the course, self paced and online. The videos and test tricks for success were all geared towards thinking like a test maker and being a strategic test taker. With the mindset and approach they offered, the test actually became less scary and more like a fun puzzle to solve (call me a nerd but it's true!).

I think it's a great value for the content they provide. Lot's of supplemental guides, resources, and support. And their team really cares about your success. Doesn't feel like a big prep company trying to just make money. I appreciated how personal and passionate they are the success of their students.

So if you are self-motivated and ready to take your score to the next level, DEFINITELY give it a shot!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:35 am
Hi CBHS2016,

That's OUTSTANDING news! With a 730, you have a score that's well above the 90th percentile, so you can comfortably apply to any Business Schools that interest you! Your ability to see the Exam as more of a game (and not something to be feared) is one of those personality traits that should be quite beneficial in Business School.

1) What were your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?
3) When are you planning to apply?

Another GMAT Assassin has been made!
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]