580 to 670 in 1 week!!!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

580 to 670 in 1 week!!!

by prudhviraj » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:26 am
yes u read it correct!!
i took my test on 10th aug 2016 and got 670(q:46,v:36)
when i planned to take GMAT i went strait to PRINCETON REVIEW(tpr),chennai. i also took GRE couching there and i'm satisfied with my GRE score so i did'nt think of any other center.
i started my couching in FEB hoping to give a attempt in may/june. i skipped many classes as i am in my final year and busy with the project.
after my final exams and a month long vacation i finally decided to give GMAT a try as i'm very free(i'm not selected in campus recuirtment)
I booked appointment for 10th aug on june 15th. so i have about 25 days to prepare i didn't prepare much before. i planned to start preparation after booking the date(which is a bad idea i got to know it only after seeing this website).
in 1st week of prep i competed my quants in OG 16. i got 80% of questions correct in 1st attempt so i thought the exam was pretty easy(yeah i know i'm stupid).i also completed few exercises in princeton portal.
in second week i didn't prepared much as i have 2 interviews one in chennai and one in banglore. i only able to start Sentence Correction only to realise it's real hard and started from basics with verbal review given in princeton it's pretty helpful.
by 1st of august i completed my OG16 both vebal and quants.
from 1st august i started studying seriously i gave my 1st test in TPR portal i got 580(q:41,v:25)
that's it i am shocked i am expecting around 680 at least.
next i went TPR ofiice and met my counciler she asked why i booked a date with out even giving a mock test and a OG16 is not enough to get 700. she suggested to postpone my exam and do OG12 to 15 also. she also told me about this website
but postponing is not a option for me as once i get done with this exam i have to go for job trails.
nxt day i opened this website and found manhatten tests are best so went to the wwebsite and took a free test i got the same score 580.
I am completly devastated i thought i would'nt even cross 600 i only have about a week so i stared preparing every material i found. my target in quants was 45 and 30 in verbal this way i'll atleast get 630. i haven't even started prep for IR and AWA.
a day before exam when i'm going to another test in manhatten prep my friend told about gmat prep s/w
which gives 2 free tests.
i gave one test i only got 610. so i thought i have to give a second try and completly lost my hopes closed every thing and directly went to bed.
my exam is in mrng session so i woke early in morning and went to test center and decided to give my best try. i reviewed SC questions in OG16 andd directly went pearson test center
at exam i didn't think of any thing else and did as best i could do.
at end of exam i shoked to see my score report i got 670!!!
i didn't understand how i almost shoted out in exitement.
i didn't even cross 630 in my mocks.
how is possible is actual GMAT that different from the mocks??
Attachments
report.pdf
My official score report
(87.09 KiB) Downloaded 91 times