Concerned Parent: While I love the facilities and community that you have created at your school, I am troubled by the

This topic has expert replies
Followed by:23 members

Timer

00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

Concerned Parent: While I love the facilities and community that you have created at your school, I am troubled by the fact that only 75% of your teachers are certified by the department of education. I just cannot take the risk of a 25% likelihood my daughter will be taught by someone who is unqualified.

Which of the following is an assumption of the parent's argument?

A) Any teacher not certified by the department of education is unqualified.
B) The department of education is the entity best equipped to determine which teachers are qualified.
C) Unqualified teachers are less effective than qualified teachers.
D) The school in question has more uncertified teachers than any other school the parent is considering.
E) None of the teachers who are uncertified are in the process of becoming certified.

OA A

Source: Veritas Prep

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

Timer

00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

To find the assumption of the parent's argument, an answer choice with the truthful information must be selected in order for the passage argument to be accurate. To do this, the thrust of the passage needs to be determined.

Option A - Correct
For any teacher to be a qualified teacher, he/she must have been certified by the department of education, otherwise, he/she is considered unqualified.

Option B - Incorrect
This is not true. We cannot be so sure if the department of education is the only entity that determines the qualification of a teacher. Also, we don't know anything about other measures, and entities that teachers must pass through before they are eligible to get certified by the department of education.

Option C - Incorrect
This is off-topic! The comparison of effectiveness between qualified and unqualified teachers are not relevant to the argument.

Option D - Incorrect
This claim cannot be verified from the passage as there are no statistics given on the number of unqualified teachers from other schools.

Option E - Incorrect
This is too absolute. However, we cannot be so sure from the passage whether unqualified teachers are in the process of becoming certified or not.