Please help/opine.

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Please help/opine.

by tinku143 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:17 pm
Hi Friends,

Background:
I have a bachelors degree in Computers immediately followed by Masters degree in computer Science. I worked in the USA for a Big 4 around 3 yrs in a CIO Advisory role followed by a consulting role in IT Business Management/ Cost optimization role for 2 years. I am now a Deputy Manager in a similar role at one of the largest US based insurance company in INDIA.

In a gist I am into FinTech domain for 6 years.

I want to pursue MBA for 2 reasons money and position to actually make a difference.

Considering my experience and a 2 year MBA from top 20 B schools, could you help me gauge perspective salary and position/Role offered in Consulting or Finance Domain?

Also, could you please suggest me a 1 yr Executive MBA programs that could help me?

Thanks,
Tinku

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Re: Please help/opine.

by GurbaniKaurSuri » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:45 pm
The reason scholars opt for business courses is understandable. The central role a post graduate programme in management plays in creating value and better career opportunities and in ensuring higher wage premium attracts students to this discipline. According to a report published by Sofi, the return on Education in MS Computer Science cases is 10.2%, and the return on education in Engineering (Computer Science) + MBA cases is 48.9% in the United States. These high return figures clearly indicate the significance of getting an MBA. Read more benefits of MBA here https://www.gyandhan.com/blogs/one-year ... o-year-mba

What Are the Eligibility Requirements to Pursue an MBA From the United States?
In general, to apply for a full-time two-year MBA in the USA, the requirements are:
  • Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution or its international equivalent. Most US colleges require 16 years of education before the MBA, which means four years of studies after school. Do note that some colleges accept a three-year degree too.
    A minimum work experience of 3 to 4 years.
    A GMAT or GRE score. The majority of schools take a GMAT score above 600, but if you are applying for the best graduate business schools in the US, then a score above 700 is essential.
    Proof of English Proficiency which requires a score of one of these three tests: IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE. The minimum score MBA colleges ask for is 6, 100 iBT, and 68 respectively. For US universities, the TOEFL score above 100 is preferable. If your undergrad was from a university with English as the primary medium of education, then many B Schools will waive off this requirement.
To read more about costs, scholarships click here https://www.gyandhan.com/blogs/mba-cost ... hips-in-us