Realization

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:680

Realization

by rohangupta83 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:28 am
To all the prospective GMAT-ters,

I have been studying for the GMATs for sometime now and have come to realize a very important aspect of the GMAT exam. Timing Drills!!!!!

Remember that when we first study for GMATs, we see a step like figure which we are told (either by the instructor or by the book) is a representation of how our preparation ought to proceed? We are also told to first concentrate on accuracy and then focus on speed while patience being the key?

I have finally realized that, that step like representation is accurate.

I am fairly comfortable with Critical Reasoning when I have enough time to relax by the pool under the sun while sipping Pina Coladas, but when I time myself and focus on getting a CR done within a minute and fifty seconds, man my accuracy graph resembles the New York Stock Exchange of 2008.

It is a whole another story to do a problem within 2 minutes. This is my realization and my suggestion is to buy a stop watch !! :)

Sorry to bore you guys, just wanted to share these thoughts as I delve into Critical Reasoning for the rest of the day!

Good Luck! GMAT-ters

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by raajan_p » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:55 am
Hey, No...[Alteast, this topic did not bore me :) ]

Wat you have said is absolutely true...

Even I am in this situation now...

As you said, I believe that the only way to get this rid of this problem is to practise a lot of questions in a timed fashion.

Among many ways to practise in a timely manner, One way is to use Manhattan Stop clock option. People who have been using Manhattan online course might be able to tell us how good the stop clock helped in their preparation.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:460
rohangupta83
that´s exactly what happens to me too...
also reading from the computer screen and reading from the book is two different things...

let´s kill this 2 heads dragon and then kill GMAT too...

FORZA Guys...