Asses Profile Please

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Asses Profile Please

by mujaqaq » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:56 pm
Hi Stacy,

Just gave the GMAT 620- 46Q 30V, undergrad GPA 3.0, Work experience almost 3 years in technology Consulting, 2 years in India and 1 year in thE US in the banking sector. TOEFL 112/120. Looking at Boston University full time MBA what do u think possible?

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:07 pm
Dear mujaqaq,

I think Boston University is possible, but a higher GMAT score would put you in a better position as you are below the average. As an international student, you are competing against a large group for a limited number of seats; you will appear similar to many except have a lower GMAT score. I encourage you to retake the GMAT and try to get your score up at least 30 points. Also with a 3.0 GPA, you are below the average there so a higher GMAT becomes more important. Finally, you will want to present a strong set of essays, recommendation letters, and a good interview.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT retke

by mujaqaq » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:14 pm
Since I just gave my GMAT I have to wait till Nov 30th till I can retake, I was hoping to apply in the first round which is NOV 15. Small Clarification my GPA is atleast 3.0(70%) from what i hear this is 3.4 atleast. My recommendations are strong, one from a Senior VP and the other from my immediate supervisor. Worth round 1? thanks for the help :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:38 pm
As I said before, it is possible with a 620 but a higher GMAT would make you more competitive. I think it would be better to wait and retake the GMAT. You can submit your application anytime and you would still be closer to round 1 than round 2 deadline if you submitted on Dec. 1. Up to you on whether you think it is worth the gamble to apply round 1 with a 620--you know your application best.

Regards,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me