Veritas Pratice tests

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Veritas Pratice tests

by [email protected] » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:04 am
Anyone know how acccurate the veritas practice tests are , I just took one and scored 150 points lower than I did on the gmatprep and princeton practice tests?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Low scores in Veritas practice test

by Venk@ » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:10 am
Hi
I just took the free test from Veritas.. Scored a pathetic 610. How good is this? I am desperately looking for some advice...

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by odonneld » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:55 pm
The same thing just happened to me.

I'm not very worried about it. But I would be interested in other people's thoughts on Veritas CATS.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:750

by LSB » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:53 pm
Opposite happened to me. I found it way to easy compared to other tests.

https://www.beatthegmat.com/veritas-cat-t15471.html

by Senator 153 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:00 pm
I just took the math section of the Veritas practice test.

I'll get to the point. The practice section I just took was a joke. Many of the questions were easy, to the point where I was able to do some of the math questions in my head. The questions on the actual GMAT will be much more difficult.

Some of the PS questions do test the sort of concepts you'd see on an actual GMAT but were too easy, and likewise the DS questions were way too easy; (1) and (2) should make you think more. I can't tell if it was a CAT but I doubt it.

P.S. I really am amazed that you say you scored lower than you did on the GMAT Prep. GMATPrep knocked me off my chair the first time I took it.
Last edited by Senator 153 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by bilko » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:30 pm
I haven't heard too much about Veritas' tests but am surprised at it being 150 points lower than GMATPrep and PR. I thought GMATPrep and PR were pretty accurate, so I'd stick with those if Veritas is that far off.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by odonneld » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:21 am
I was having an off day when I took the Veritas exam which may explain a lot of my score difference. I knew I was having a bad day and should not have taken an exam.

That being said the questions did not seem realistic to me, the format of the questions just seemed different. I did terribly on the verbal section which I normally score very well on and not great on the math section (which I finished early, I never do that!).

I wanted to take one more exam that had no overlap with question I had already done before my GMAT this week so I bought a PR book and took one of their exams and did quite well. I am simply ignoring the Veritas test score and chalking in up to a strange test and a bad day.

by D Terman » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:10 pm
The same thing just happened to me, I took the first VERITAS GMAT CAT and got a 48 on the Quant and a 24 on the Verbal and when I took the real thing 6 weeks back I got a 34 on the Quant and a 41 on the Verbal...

D Terman

https://www.beatthegmat.com/bombed-the-g ... t8577.html

Official Company Rep
Followed by:16 members
GMAT Score:770

Veritas Prep Practice GMAT Exam

by Scott@VeritasPrep » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:03 am
Hi everyone,

I'm surprised to hear that you didn’t find our practice exam to be very similar to the GMAT. We have always received very positive feedback about our own practice tests, and 89% of our students have rated our own practice tests to be similar to or exactly like the GMAT.

In fact, in a recent customer survey only the GMAC's official practice tests scored better than our own tests (which are developed the same way our free practice test was created). We take great pride in providing our clients with the most realistic GMAT preparation possibe.

But, we're always looking for ways to improve our GMAT preparation tools. If you have more feedback, please send it to my first name at veritasprep.com.

Thanks!
Scott

Veritas Test

by mayo4rus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:54 am
I took the Veritas test and scored a 620. (42 Q and 33 V) I noticed the math was way easy compared to the GMAT prep. I did take the GMAT prep and my scores are not too good. I know all the concepts but for some reason i get nervous when taking the test and i feel this might be my undoing in my actual test. Any advise on what to do about nerves guys????

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:15 members

by VP_Jim » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:55 pm
For what it's worth, I scored 10 points lower on the Veritas test than I did on the real test (slightly worse on math, slightly better on verbal). My former students have reported similar results.

In my opinion, it's very accurate.
Jim S. | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep

by Padmini » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:20 am
Hey karen, i faced a similar situation when i gave the VP test.. a drop of 100 points since the last test (which was a princeton test). But judging the response of other test takers here.. i assume it has got something to do with the question pool. I'm not sure if the same question pool is alloted to all the free test takers.. but i gt Pool 5.. n i had a horrible time.. math did seem easy..but i scored terribly. N my verbal score was pathetic..
To reveal art and conceal the artist is art's aim.

I only took one Veritas Prep test and my scores were opposite of my usual GMAT prep scores. I got a 46 in quant, and a 31 in Verbal.

On the GMAT prep software I consistently score about 42 in Verbal (and got a 42 on the actual exam) and about a 32 in Quant (and actually got a 29 on the actual exam which is humiliating.)

I only did one Veritas Prep practice exam but would agree with the other post regarding the questions being really easy on Quant and tougher on Verbal. I'm REALLY weak in math (as evidenced by my actual test score) but I found most of the Veritas questions easy.

Followed by:1 members

by hman768 » Fri May 21, 2010 2:51 pm
I just took the free Veritas and I believe that the quant was very reasonable but I found that a TON of the verbal questions were really really bad. It's not that they were hard the answers were all just bad and many of them could go a few different ways. I feel confident in saying this because I have taken just about every prior real verbal question out there.

Once again I think the same thing applies to these tests as to all the other free ones: They are a marketing tool in order to get people to buy the course therefore it would be contrary to Veritas' interests to have people do well on the test.

Just use them as a timing tool and practice tool and don't worry about what you got on the test!

by suruchia » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:57 pm
I took the free Veritas test today and got a score of 690 (Quant-49, verbal-41). I was too happy to get verbal score in 40s (As I am a non-native English speaker and have never seen a 40 figure in verbal before today) till I read this message thread. :(
I have taken Princeton, Kaplan and GMATPrep1 tests.
I must admit that the quant section was a bit easier, though not too easy (I did not get even a single geometry question ..), however, while taking the test I found it quite similar to the GMAT prep..(Score 710, Q-47, V-37)
Verbal section was also very much like GMAT prep. I got some real tough RC passages but not all of them were tough. CRs and SCs ...some were tricky and some were OK.

And, of course, the GUI of the test was same as the that of GMAT prep.This really helped me a lot. I didn't have to squint to read as I had to while doing Kaplan CATs (Barely crossed 600 mark that too only two times).