Question for Fall 09 Admissions

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Question for Fall 09 Admissions

by Peter284 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:52 am
Hello Admission team,

I posted a topic a month or two ago asking if I am competitive candidate for B-School.

Here is my post if you have to time to read it:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba-student- ... 16934.html

I took my GMAT in the end of august and am taking it the second time mid-december to reach that 700 mark. I am aware that most Round 2 deadlines are the first or second week of January which makes my timing extremely tight or not possible. I definitely want to avoid Round 3 because I only hear that I would be at a disadvantage, (which i think i already am in, because of my background).

So my questions are:

1.) Are there any tips on getting a head start on my application before I take my 2nd GMAT, so that I can apply right after?

2. Is it possible for me to start my essays and recommendations right now? Are the essay and recommendation questions available to me before I take the GMAT?

3.) If you read my linked post above, IF I DID apply the beginning of Round 3, would I be a weak candidate, just from my background alone?

Please help me out as I am trying very hard to beat the GMAT once and for for all, and want to avoid Round 3. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Peter