offcial GMAT score report question... thanks!

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Dear Graham,

I have a question regarding official GMAT scores report.

The first time I took the test I requested a free score report to School A, and I scored 690.

One month later, I retook the test and scored 760 but I did not request free score report to School A this time.

I am applying to School A's round 1 and the school happens to require official score report.

My question is: will School A be able to see the two scores of my two tests or only the first time score? I self reported the second score on the application form though, and wish the school to consider the higher scores. Do I still need to request Person VUE to officially report my scores to School A again?

Thank you very much!

Best,
Sunshine_ :D

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:17 members
GMAT Score:750

by Graham » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:58 am
Dear Sunshine,

Thanks for your post - and congrats on the GMAT boost!

This is really a question for Pearson/VUE, but my understanding is that if you selected School A the first time you took the exam, then you have basically given School A the right to see your GMAT history, such that when they check in with Pearson/receive your score report, it should have both exams listed.

I'd check with Pearson to verify that this is the case, just to be sure. Of course, if you have self-reported the 760 in your application and the school only gets the 690 for some reason, it's not as though they will dismiss your application! Most likely the school in question will reach out to you and ask why they don't see the same score you have reported, etc. Not that you really want to have to deal with that sort of admin, but you shouldn't be worried about this hurting you.

So in short, I think you are fine, but it never hurts to double check this sort of thing with Pearson.

Best of luck,

Graham
Graham Richmond
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.