practice tests

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

practice tests

by flowers312 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:20 pm
Last year i did several Practice tests and got scores between 600-650. However on the real test i got a 540.
I have been preparing to take the GMAT this year. I have started Practice tests and am scoring around 600's again. Should i be worried that am going to do the same as last year.
I am a bit tensed.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by Prasanna » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:52 pm
Taking practice tests alone does not help you to improve your scores. You would need to follow up on each test, take action on your weak areas, prepare before taking the next test and measure your progress. If you have already done this, please share the information on this forum. Experts would be glad to help you.
Wish you good luck
Prasanna

Learn more about me

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by wickely » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:57 pm
You need to know what your weaknesses are and attack them systematically. Keep an error log. Do a handful of questions, one type at a time, before you correct them or move on. Understand your errors before moving on so you don't get into bad habits.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Practice tests

by mohitgoel » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:50 am
The practice tests need to be well blended with the study material.
I have been following this approach and have seen some improvement. This is because I work on say SC then give some sectional tests, the CR then some quant. But then i take a full length test to see any improvement and check my endurance level for 3.5 hrs.

The other thing that a full Practice test does is that i dont leave any section say AWA for future.

I tried some tests from https://www.gmatcoaching.com. Found them good and also picked up some strategies from their blog.

Bbye
Mohit
[email protected]