Profile Evaluation: my strategy

by Saddique » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:47 am
Hello everybody,
Here are my personal stats:
Undergraduate education: BS Computer Engineering from a 2nd tier university
Cumulative GPA: 3.77
Work Experience: Less than a year
Volunteer Experience: 2+ years Significant volunteer experience
GMAT: I've just started studying and would take it in dec 2008 , I think that a score around 650 is attainable
Goal: I would like to work in the NGO

I am currently planning what my best options are for a graduate degree in management. My strategy options are as follows:
1. Master in Management from UK (LSE, Nottingham, City, Leeds …) in 2009/10
OR
2. MBA from top US B-School after 2-3 years work

Please evaluate my strategy and suitability for the management programme in UK. 8). Also should I go for general management or MIS related in UK.

Thanks so much for your help!
Last edited by Saddique on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:48 pm
Dear Saddique,

It is really hard to evaluate your profile as it is incomplete. For the best shot when you apply to MBA programs in the future, you need to seek out leadership opportunities at work and have some concrete examples you can discuss in your essays. Right now, the only things you have control over in your application is the GMAT score, work experience, recommendations, and extracurriculars---so that is a pretty big chunk of the puzzle. You need to progress in responsbility at work and also be a leader in your community activities. You need to thoroughly prepare for the GMAT and possibly take it 2 or 3 times. If you excel at work, then you should be able to get good recommendations--start cultivating those relationships now. You have much to do, but you have time. Get busy!

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me