Profile Eval for ISB / IIM A PGPX / IIM B EPGP / IIM C PGPEX

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for One year MBA programs at ISB / IIM A (PGPX) / IIM B (EPGP) / IIM C (PGPEX)

Academics:
Bachelor of Engg (Electronics & Telecom) - 73.5% (Distinction)(University of Mumbai)
Master of Science (Telecom Engineering) - GPA 3.9/4.0 (University of Maryland, College Park)

During my masters, I took 4 management courses from R.H Smith school of Business at University of Maryland (studying alongside MBA grads)
That's when I got more interested towards getting a full time MBA

Also, I received an award from University of Maryland for academic excelllence (2nd Rank in MS program)
I was also a co-founder of UMD cricket club (1st of it's kind to promote the sport of Cricket and related events to all parts of campus)

GMAT - no score yet (expecting 700+)

Work Experience:
1 year intership and 5 months full-time experience at a Telecommunications Startup in United States
2 Years and 8 months (still working) full-time experience at AT&T wireless labs in US

I believe I have a good technical and hands on experience - working on some of the most challenging projects in the wireless industry
I have a good exposure of working with almost all of the major telecom companies, device vendors, equipment vendors in US.

Post MBA goal - Strategy role in Tech industry

Some other points which may add value to profile:

- Community Service - Volunteering at the ISKCON temple during events and festivals (2 years)
- worked part time at the university during Masters (Shipping and Receiving assistant)
- I have a CWNA - wireless network certification
- I have been trading stocks from past 3 years

I am aware that it requires a lot of experience to get into the executive programs but I was wondering if my profile will be considered as I already have a 2 years MS degree.

Many thanks in advance!

by oneMBAcoach » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:59 am
Hello @alphak3nny001

To keep it short, the 'stats' of your profile cover almost all the bases (provided you get a 700+). Work Ex, strong extracurricular, and international exposure will help you stand out.
Based on the info give I believe you are not eligible at IIMB/IIMC as they require 60 months of work ex by Mar 2019. ( irrespective of your MS degree)
For ISB/IIMA key is exection of the application. If you can tie in well, then you stand a fighting chance.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
[email protected]

alphak3nny001 wrote:Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for One year MBA programs at ISB / IIM A (PGPX) / IIM B (EPGP) / IIM C (PGPEX)

Academics:
Bachelor of Engg (Electronics & Telecom) - 73.5% (Distinction)(University of Mumbai)
Master of Science (Telecom Engineering) - GPA 3.9/4.0 (University of Maryland, College Park)

During my masters, I took 4 management courses from R.H Smith school of Business at University of Maryland (studying alongside MBA grads)
That's when I got more interested towards getting a full time MBA

Also, I received an award from University of Maryland for academic excelllence (2nd Rank in MS program)
I was also a co-founder of UMD cricket club (1st of it's kind to promote the sport of Cricket and related events to all parts of campus)

GMAT - no score yet (expecting 700+)

Work Experience:
1 year intership and 5 months full-time experience at a Telecommunications Startup in United States
2 Years and 8 months (still working) full-time experience at AT&T wireless labs in US

I believe I have a good technical and hands on experience - working on some of the most challenging projects in the wireless industry
I have a good exposure of working with almost all of the major telecom companies, device vendors, equipment vendors in US.

Post MBA goal - Strategy role in Tech industry

Some other points which may add value to profile:

- Community Service - Volunteering at the ISKCON temple during events and festivals (2 years)
- worked part time at the university during Masters (Shipping and Receiving assistant)
- I have a CWNA - wireless network certification
- I have been trading stocks from past 3 years

I am aware that it requires a lot of experience to get into the executive programs but I was wondering if my profile will be considered as I already have a 2 years MS degree.

Many thanks in advance!
Varun Sharma
MBA Admissions coach
[email protected]
www.linkedin.com/in/mbacoach

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770
Your work experience is unique and you may have plenty of things to talk in your profile. B-schools look for unique and diversified profiles which you carry. You can also get into schools who offer MBA specializing or focus into Healthcare.

Your GMAT can be compensated with achievements, Leadership Potential, Clarity of Goals, Communication and Diversity etc.

In addition to your GMAT score, your undergraduate degree (and grades), your work experience (both quality and number of years), your essays, and your letters of recommendations will all play a role in determining whether any School will accept you. If you're weak in any one area, you need to be stronger in the other areas to compensate. A solid profile which is balanced on all fronts - academics, career growth and impact, and leadership experiences outside work is more likely to impress the Adcom.

Use the link mentioned below to know your chances of getting into any B-Schools by using our ingenious tool called "Chances Of B-School" by entering your profile details.

"Chances of B-School" is a unique tool to analyze your real time chances of getting an admission to a top MBA program based on your GMAT score, work experience, your career aspirations, academics, self-analysis of your essays and interview skills. This tool will help you to focus your thoughts; by giving a factual picture of the B-Schools you have a good chance of getting an admission. We at General Education believe that finding the right school is a crucial decision and it has to be done with the help of exhaustive data and statistics.

Feel free to contact us for further information and to evaluate your profile for FREE!!!
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

by sandip@mbaessayconsultant » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:56 am
Your profile is certainly attractive for B-schools. But first get the GMAT score, without which it will be impossible to predict your chances.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:690

Profile Evaluation

by Abhyank » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:29 pm
Overall you have a fair profile.Here are few pointers about same:

You come from a nationally renowned university, so that will add on to your application and you international experience is an add-on to your profile.

You have a comparatively average university GPA ; but you can compensate for it by highlighting your other profile strengths. Essays are a great way for doing this, so make sure that you spend enough time perfecting them.

As far as your work experience is concerned, your internship experience as well as your international experience are valuable assets to your application.

However, the schools are interested in impact rather than just participation.

So make sure that you exemplify your learning and your interest in marketing through your Work experience.

As you come from an engineering background but you have done your internships in the business field this will surely make your application stand out from other applicants.

As for your target schools, IIM's they are very competitive make sure you ace every part of the application (essays, GMAT, LOR, resume) to get noticed.

With a good GMAT score , you have a good shot at the top B-Schools like included your targeted one.

Hope this helped!
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM-Essay.com

97% Success Rate| 7000+ Admits in Top Schools| 10 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 3X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here:
https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appoi ... rm/?btgmat