PythaGURUS Consulting: TOP MBA Scholarships

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Dear Applicants,

My life has given me great opportunities to create great admits, and scholarships for you.
A lot of you ask me about scholarships and I wanted to write a note and help you understand - HOW TO EXPLORE money while applying for MBA Programs.
You want to study in a top B-school, and want someone else to pay for it as well. Right? It is possible. You just need to get the fundamentals right.
I have been able to create more than 80 Crores of scholarships from top MBA Programs, and I learnt a lot in this process.
Let us first understand how do scholarships work, and why would someone give you money to Teach you- Most of the merit based scholarships are primarily a negotiation tool that the schools use to convince you into joining them. Think about it this way- Imagine- You and I are working at Yale or Tuck and are leading the admissions committees in these schools. You and I will have a certain target to meet every year in terms of %age of internationals, average GMAT Scores, Average GPA's, average Work experience, industry/function of work experience.
And in order to meet this target, you and I will also have endowment funds in our pockets. So, if you and I come across a rockstar candidate, and in the entire value chain, if we know that we are below Wharton, Stanford, and many more schools, and this candidate will also get accepted to all of these programs, and we really want that candidate , we will throw money at him/her and may be elevate the chances of conversion. Why will we throw money at this candidate? Because we know- Yale Vs. Chicago Booth- this candidate is very likely to join Chicago Booth- and if we have to convince that person to join us- we will not limit the comparison to Yale vs. Chicago. Rather, we will make it Yale 60% scholarship Vs. Chicago Booth.
Money does influence people in a variety of ways, and is a strong negotiation tool. The odds of conversion of that candidate go up.
Yes! You can get significant scholarships for an education in business from top MBA Programs. YOu just have to get the story and the score right.
If you are looking at top programs for MBA, you cannot afford to have a significant gap in work experience if you are keen on scholarships. If you want the school to throw money at you, you need to give them strong enough reason to feel insecure of losing you.
Every year, I have seen our candidates getting crores of scholarships( 1 Crores = USD 150K approximately). Can all the applicants of mine get scholarships? NO! It is impossible to get everyone to do an MBA at a discounted price. However, the way I identify the school profiles based on your backgrounds, we tend to maximise the odds.
It is hard for you to get scholarships if you have the following
1. Below average GMAT Scores
2. Significant GAP in work experience
3. Less than 2 years of work experience

I will give you an example: I was approached by an applicant who had an admit to one of the low ranked schools in Canada, and was about to pay them roughly 50 to 60 lakhs. This candidate had 4 years of work experience in Infosys, and a GMAT 730. I made him wait for a year, and had him apply to top schools in the US. A year later, he had 1.17 Crores of scholarships( USD 70K ) and went to one of the top programs without spending more than USD 30,000 of his own money. So, he paid less for a better school. HOW? I knew that his statistics look good but he could not impress people in person. That was a major road block in interviews and networking. I mean, I could create magnificent stories, but the person had to sell himself face to face as well, and that was a huge bottleneck for him. His strength was that he was a very hard working candidate, and responded positively to feedback. He was trained extensively in leading oral communications. He was also trained to really look at the depth of his stories. Most of us do not realise how effective and powerful our small small stories are. It is the authentic nature of knowing what you have done that counts. It is not about leading a 100 people team. Even if you mentored 4 kids, and got a real breakthrough in that, you just have to authentically show the other human being sitting in the business school that your story is really big for you. This candidate was very hard working and he created better future for himself a year later. Would you join a low ranked school in Canada after paying 60 lakhs or a top School in US at a cost of 15 to 20 lakhs? Definitely second one is better.
There are enough stories with real profiles here of people who got significant scholarships. Check this out . Success Stories
Regards,

PythaGURUS Education

MBA Admissions Consulting

www.pythagurus.com