PythaGURUS MBA Consulting: Picking a WRONG Goal

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Dear applicants,

Sharing this with you as some of you pick really REALLY Wrong goals. I will give an example- Someone recently told me that they want to be an entrepreneur right after MBA.

I do not have a problem with that- but let us see - what will happen if you use this as a goal- what will be needed?

For a Moment- Let us look at how the schools LISTEN to you when you tell them that you will be an entrepreneur within 48 hours of finishing your MBA Program.

Let us think of the following: You are in May( 2021), your classes are over, other classmates are headed out for a quick vacation before joining their first POST MBA Company.

What would you be doing if your goal is to be an Entrepreneur?

Would you be looking for funding for an idea that you have not validated yet?

Would you be looking for Co-founders to help you across different functions?

Let us look at things realtime- What would your mindset be? How much money do you have to sustain on the RUNWAY before you breakeven in your venture?

Have you thought through - How will you pay for the School Loans after you have graduated?

You have a business plan ready already- and you know how you will impact the world- but have you Validated it yet? I mean- have you struggled to scale a team, trying to market it, running after teams to get the product to market, and DOING ALL THE OTHER EXPERIMENTS where you failed , and realized that the first step to your SUCCESS is MBA.

Schools do not have a problem with you choosing entrepreneurship as a goal. They have a problem in understanding - IF YOU HAVE NOT TRIED ANYTHING YET, How did you get to A CONCLUSION that entrepreneurship gets started with an MBA.

One thought could be that - You are looking for credibility on the resume so as to attract investors too- or to NOT HAVE THEM IGNORE You when you make your pitches- That is a FAIR POINT but this will not independently convince the schools of your reasons to choose an MBA. Why ? Because even FUNDING IS NOT a bottleneck to becoming an entrepreneur. Funding is needed TO SCALE A VENTURE- and before you scale it- you need to go through bloodbath of what it means to be an entrepreneur.

And schools may or may not agree with this but - they DO NOT MAKE ENTREPRENEURS. They can give you solid general management skills, and help you understand how to run a large P&L on an autopilot but - they cannot make you an entrepreneur. They can admit an entrepreneur and teach him HOW TO Be more resourceful but - you will have to take responsibility of telling them that - YOU ALREADY ARE AN ENTREPRENEUR( with past actions, successes and or Major failures).

If you tell them that they are the first step to your entrepreneurship- they will RUN- they will think you will be a liability.
Regards,

PythaGURUS Education

MBA Admissions Consulting

www.pythagurus.com