Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

e-GMAT

A comics bookstore has comics only of Superman, Batman, and Flash. What percent of all comics in the store is on Batman?

1) The ratio of the number comics of Flash, Batman, and Superman, in the library, is 2:7:5.
2) There are 14 Batman comics in the library.

OA A

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members

by Jay@ManhattanReview » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:41 pm

Timer

00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

AAPL wrote:e-GMAT

A comics bookstore has comics only of Superman, Batman, and Flash. What percent of all comics in the store is on Batman?

1) The ratio of the number comics of Flash, Batman, and Superman, in the library, is 2:7:5.

OA A
We have to determine what percent of all comics in the store is on Batman.

Let's take each statement one by one.

1) The ratio of the number comics of Flash, Batman, and Superman, in the library, is 2 : 7 : 5.

Say the number comics of Flash, Batman, and Superman, in the library, is 2x, 7x and 5x, respectively, where x is a constant

Thus, percent of all comics in the store is on Batman = [7x / (2x + 7x + 5x)]*100% = 50%. Sufficient.

We do not know the total number of of comics. Insufficient.

The correct answer: A

Hope this helps!

-Jay

Locations: GMAT Manhattan | GRE Prep Courses San Diego | ACT Prep Courses San Antonio | Houston IELTS Tutoring | and many more...

Schedule your free consultation with an experienced GMAT Prep Advisor! Click here.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Timer

00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

The correct answer is A. Although, math isn't my strong point but the fact that it included my favorite superheroes, then I had to solve it. I am a big comic nerd. This question was like a Batman's gift for me.