College selection help needed

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

College selection help needed

by Aswathraj » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:15 pm
Hello Everyone
I am Aswath Raj from India. In this post, I'm putting forth my profile (it might seem like as if I'm boasting) and looking for advice on choosing and targeting masters courses abroad.

I've finished my Bachelor's in Aerospace Engineering from Amrita University (National rank -15, world rank 800-1000).
I've worked as a Business Development Associate (highest paying entry level job in India, acceptance rate<2%, was selected as 1 in 60 applicants) in Byju's, India's largest ed Tech firm.
Then I quit that job and tried starting up a company in the field of data science but failed.
Now, I'm working as a Business cum Engineering consultant at a start up.
I have a 7.94/10 (top 25% of cohort, highest GPA-9.84).
I've published a business paper on online grocery market in an international journal called IJLTEMAS(open access, peer reviewed and impact factor of 4.119).
I've presented a technical paper on energy trends in STEER, a national level conference. I've won 3rd place in a National level Badminton competition, been awarded Best Player of the University twice, captained the university Badminton team for 3 years, won 2nd place in a National level Technical Speech contest and won 2nd place in a national level concept photography contest.
I've also competed in a national level start up competition conducted by Texas instrument and finished in top 20%.

I'm yet to take GMAT and I have scored 660(Q51,V27) in the preliminary diagnostic test from mba.com before starting my preparation.

My target is 760-780.

I want to enter the field of Business consulting.

I'm planning to apply for Technical University of Munich's Masters in Management, Rotterdam School of Management's MScBa in Management and National University of Singapore's Masters in Management.

If I don't get any of these, I'm planning to apply for Furtwangen School of Applied Science's Business consulting masters.

I'd like to know my chances of getting into my target Universities and would also like to know whether there are any other school that I can apply to with my profile.

And finally, I thank you for spending your time in reading my post.

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:31 am
Hi Aswath,

The GMAT School Search feature is a tool that can help you discover and connect with the schools based on your profile and preferences. If you're looking to identify other potential programs, check out the School Search here.
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!