00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

The lawyers for the patent holder pressed the federal judge to impose an injunction against the hardware manufacturer, arguing that they should take immediate action in order to prevent further economic damages against their client.

A. they should take immediate action in order to prevent further economic damages against their client

B. the judge act immediately in order to prevent the client from suffering further damages of an economic nature

C. they should act immediately to prevent further economic damages being suffered by the client

D. the judge act immediately in order to prevent them from suffering economic damages further

E. immediate action should be taken to prevent their client from suffering further economic damages

OA E

Source: Manhattan Prep

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by arunshankarsam » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:52 am

Timer

00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

E is the right answer.

A is wrong because of using they plural prounoun to modify a singular subject fed judge.If we think they modifies Lawyer a plural subject it distorts the meaning of the sentences.

B is wrong because of removing their before client as it is needed to identify whose client is the option talking about is client discussed is of Laywers or Hardware company.Placing their near the client make it clear that it is client of the lawyer we are talking about.Also, The damage of economic nature is wordier than economic damages,

C is Wrong again for the use of they

D is Wrong because of use of them.This option says that the lawyers are the one who needs to be protected as lawyers is the only plural noun them could modify.

E is Right as it is free from all the mentioned errors above.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Consider Upvote if you find my answer helpful.