00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

Since Senator Johnston revised the estate tax code in a way that allows grandchildren living outside the United States to claim special exemptions, many of them moving abroad with the expectation of a large inheritance.

A. Since Senator Johnston revised the estate tax code in a way that allows grandchildren living outside the United States to claim special exemptions, many of them moving abroad with the expectation of

B. Because Senator Johnston's revisions to the estate tax code allow grandchildren living outside the United States to claim special exemptions, many of these descendants have moved abroad, expecting

C. Grandchildren living outside the United States can claim special exemptions, according to Senator Johnston's revisions to the estate tax code, and so many have moved abroad and these descendants are expecting

D. The revisions to the estate tax code, written by Senator Johnston, allow grandchildren living outside the United States to claim special exemptions, so many of them had moved abroad, anticipating

E . Because Senator Johnston had revised the estate tax code, which allows grandchildren living outside the United States for claiming special exemptions, which causes them to move abroad, in anticipation of

OA B

Source: Magoosh

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by arunshankarsam » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:36 am

Timer

00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

B is the correct answer.

A is wrong because of the use of since and wordiness.Since can be used either to mention a time frame or used instead of because.Here the usage can be interpreted in both ways making this option to have a two different meaning in each case.Eliminated because of a change in the intended meaning

B is Correct because it uses because instead of since thus establishing a Causation and also uses a participle modifier (Expecting) to imply a simultaneous action.This choice is best among the all.

C is Wrong because of the use of are expecting -a present continious tense- as i found that to be inapropriate in this context.

D is Wrong because of the placement of modifier "Written by Senator Johnston".At its current placement,It mean the estae tax code is written by the Senator Johnston but according to the intended meaning only revision of the estae tax code is done by Senator Johnston.

E is Wrong because of the use of "which" to modify an action,Which can only be used to modify noun and never can modify a clause.Here we need a clause modifier instead of a Which to correctly modify the previous dependent clause.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Consider Upvote if you feel my answer helps!