660 GMAT - What are my odds?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

660 GMAT - What are my odds?

by rparis90 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:27 am
Good afternoon everyone,

I would like to raise a case and get your opinion on the odds to get to the top tier business schools.
I have taken the GMAT twice, scored 610 first (deleted it) and then scored 660 (45 Quant and 35 Verbal).
My profile is:
- International student: French
- Academic: Master in engineering with major in Applied Mathematics, GPA of 3.93/4.3 , My engineering school is ranked #2 in France ; I also have a bachelor in applied mathematics from a top ranked university with a ranking of 11/110
- Professional: Currently working in a top tier US Private Equity fund, always ranked top among my class
- Recommendation letters: i think two strong LoR from an HBS alumni and a founder of a large international company
- Some interesting extracurricular activities but i didn't go the moon :)
- interesting story for the essays

My real question is whether the 660 is a deal killer or if considering the the above mentioned information, i could have a chance?

Your opinion and advise would be much appreciated

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:247 members

by ceilidh.erickson » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:02 am
It really depends on where you're applying, and how much you stand out against other applicants in the pool. For example, applicants from France might be underrepresented in certain pools, as opposed to applicants from other countries.

I'd recommend doing free consultations with any admissions consulting firms that offer them. I particularly recommend mbamission.com .

There's also no downside to applying (besides the $75-or-so application fees). Sure, you might not get in anywhere. But if you don't apply, you definitely won't get in! And you can always apply again next year - schools don't mind if you reapply. https://www.mbamission.com/blog/2018/03 ... reapply-4/

Good luck!
Ceilidh Erickson
EdM in Mind, Brain, and Education
Harvard Graduate School of Education

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by MyMbaCircle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:17 pm
Hi,

You have a good profile and with a 660 score you can apply to the top colleges. However, you need to show that you are strong in academics and your GPA (and other professional degrees) can reflect that. More importantly, your quality and strength of experience really matters. You can setup sometime with me and we can chat - even on strategies how to boost your score to 700+ !

Nakul Gupta
https://www.mymbacircle.com
LinkedIn: @ company/mymbacircle
Facebook: @MyMBACircle
Instagram: mymbacircle