00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

In contrast to 19th-century wars, in which most casualties resulted from disease, over two-thirds of the troops killed on the battlefield in World War I resulted from direct combat.

(A) In contrast to 19th-century wars, in which most casualties resulted from disease, over two-thirds of the troops killed on the battlefield in World War I resulted from direct combat.

(B) In contrast to 19th-century wars, in which most casualties resulted from disease, World War I had over two-thirds of its troops killed from direct combat on the battlefield.

(C) In contrast to troops in 19th-century wars, in which most casualties resulted from disease, over two-thirds of the troops killed on the battlefield in World War I resulted from direct combat.

(D) While most casualties in 19th-century wars resulted from disease, over two-thirds of the troops killed on the battlefield in World War I resulted from direct combat.

(E) Whereas most casualties in 19th-century wars resulted from disease, over two-thirds of the casualties in World War I resulted from direct combat on the battlefield.

OA E

Source: Veritas Prep