Question about reporting alternative transcript on Apps

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hello fellow applicants and admission gurus,

Have you run into the issue of reporting non-degree grades in the Online Applications? Generally, the application asks that you put in a "Degree Awarded" for each University you attended, and most of the time "Non-Degree" isn't among the choices. Do you actually input the school for these courses? Or do you simply send in the transcripts?

I emailed the admission offices, but some answers are vague. Just want to see if any of you have experienced this situation.

Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:56 pm
Dear 334MBA,

The "Degree Awarded" blank is usually not a required field, so you should leave it blank for schools where you did not receive a degree. If you attended an institution for courses that counted towards your degree, then you will want to list these schools. If you took courses that do not count towards your degree, then it is your choice on whether or not to include that on your application. However, in the spirit of full disclosure, you might want to list any schools where you took courses.

I hope that answers your question.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by 334MBA » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:49 pm
Lisa Anderson wrote:Dear 334MBA,

The "Degree Awarded" blank is usually not a required field, so you should leave it blank for schools where you did not receive a degree. If you attended an institution for courses that counted towards your degree, then you will want to list these schools. If you took courses that do not count towards your degree, then it is your choice on whether or not to include that on your application. However, in the spirit of full disclosure, you might want to list any schools where you took courses.

I hope that answers your question.

Good luck,
Lisa
Thank you, Lisa.