question about my profile

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

question about my profile

by buck99 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:44 pm
I am 33 years old and looking to make a career change from the investment industry (equity research) into corporate finance. I would like to get into a one year, full-time program.

GPA from a mid-western state school - 2.9
GMAT - 680
Employment history - started a small film production company in Los Angeles after college. Did this for 2 years and then took an entry level job at a midsize asset mgmt firm and progressed nicely over the next 6 years into a research analyst position. Completed the first 2 levels of the CFA.

While I initally thought that my work experience would help me I'm getting the feeling when reading through some of these posts that I may be too old to get into most full time programs. Please advise.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:40 am
Dear buck99,

Your age is not a disadvantage, it simply puts you on the high end of the range. Since you are looking at one-year programs, I don't think it is going to really affect you in any way as long as you effectively present your reasons for that program versus an EMBA (i.e., career change). Don't give it another thought and get those applications in!

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me