660 to 710 in a month and a half

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by erictyra » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:59 pm
Hey guys:

I just went from a 660 to a 710. I overcame the plateau that everyone talks about by using EmpowerGMAT. Their instruction is unparalleled and their tips are awesome. I could not recommend them enough.

They are a smaller company, but do not lack in quality at all. They are also cheaper than the competition. I know it seems too good to be true, but they provide a superior product at a lower cost than the competition. They allow you to try out their services for free for a day, so go visit the site and see for yourself.

I tried other test prep products before but their practice problems were not authentic enough to the real gmat problems. Empower uses all real gmat problems and real gmat tests, so you are getting the best and most realistic practice possible. 10/10 recommend.

-ET

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:09 pm
Hi erictyra,

That's OUTSTANDING news! While a 660 was already a strong score, a 710 places you at about the 90th percentile overall, so you can comfortably apply to any Business Schools that interest you!

1) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

Another GMAT Assassin has been made!
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

TTT

by erictyra » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:19 pm
Hey Rich:

I'd like to thank you personally for making such a great product. I assume you are the same Rich that does the Quant videos? My first time around studying for the gmat, I used a company that had replica questions and tests and didn't prepare me like Empower did. Also, Empower was much, much less costly than the others. Hard to beat a deal that offers a superior product at a fraction of the competition's price!

To answer your questions:

1) I am going to apply to business school this summer and start school full-time in the summer of 2019.
2) I did well in undergrad and have, what I feel like is, a strong resume. So, I plan on applying to HBS, Wharton, Duke, Virginia, Emory, and possibly a few others. I haven't quite narrowed down a list of schools just yet.

Again, awesome product! I'm pumped!

-Eric

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:50 am
Hi erictyra,

You've got plenty of time to work on your applications - which is good. You've named some highly competitive Schools, so it's important to make sure that you have a strong Overall profile AND that you properly 'market yourself' to each individual School that you apply to. As such, you might consider working with an Admissions Expert on your applications. There's a forum full of those Experts here:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/ask-an-mba- ... t-f40.html

We actually have a 'go-to' Expert who we recommend for Top10 Schools; as an EMPOWERgmat Alum, we can set you up with a free consultation (if and when you're interested). Just let us know.

Congrats again on all of your success so far!

Another GMAT Assassin has been made!
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]