At the brink of despair after 5 months prep

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

At the brink of despair after 5 months prep

by bae en » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:32 am
Hi there

First and foremost congrats to the forumers who have acheived high score based on months of "not giving up" attitude.
I am inspired by your post. In fact I'm in the brink of giving up after 5 months of full time preparation. These few months I fined tune my quant and verbal using manhattan foundation books, magoosh, and egmat, as well as power score cr.

Then 2 months back, just to further enhanced my weakness area, I stopped all above materials. As out of carelessness, I Signed up for manhattan review instead of manhattan prep. I used their recommended materials. However my result has worsened following their 3 months methodology. I have no qualms on the coach but I doubt their methodology works for me based on my most recent mock test.
I took a week break after the result of the manhattan mock test. I did not finish both verbal and quant since most of the time I practise based on Hard copies. This is my first mock test.

I am now switching back to e-Gmat and Gmat club, different level of difficulties questions.
Recently, I have Started using an error logs, and to reuse power score for both cr and lsat rc.
and do mock tests.

But I'm having so much doubt now. I'm lacking of directions after spending a lot of money on different applications and I have just rescheduled my test.

I am not sure what to do next, I have just taken a week break and now recharged and now sure if what I'm doing is correct. Does anyone have any good ideas ?

My concerns are after revising the questions on Gmat club based on the 600 levels questions, i realised most of my methods on both quant and verbal took more than 3mins. Do I need to reprepare?

Apart from this, does anyone know how I can reach Stacey koprince?

My exam is a month from now as I have rescheduled several times.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:35 am
Hi bae en,

Based on your post, there are a number of different issues to discuss. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you're looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) From your post, it sounds like you've taken just one Computer-Adaptive Test (is that the case?). How have you scored on each of your practice CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for each)?
2) What is your goal score?
3) What is your exact Test Date for the GMAT?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
5) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:21 members

by Bara » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:32 pm
Just wanted to provide a little reflection and insight into your sitch.

There are a lot of great materials out there, and support, and you've certainly tapped into some highly respected materials. The issue isn't that youv'e studied for 5+ months, it's HOW you study, what you're taking and way and who you are when you show up for the exam. Tests don't only measure what you know they measure how well you take tests.

Full time study for 5 months without being awed by your performance is a flag that something isn't right. What have you discovered and what are you doing about it?
Bara Sapir, MA, CHt, CNLP
Founder/CEO City Test Prep
Maximize your Score, Minimize your Stress!
GMAT Badass and Test Anxiety Relief Expert
SPEEDREADING: https://citytestprep.com/mindflow-workshops/
ANXIETY RELIEF: https://citytestprep.com/mindfulness-therapy/
BOOK: https://tinyurl.com/TPNYSC
TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McA4aqCNS-c