The table above shows the number of days worked by...

This topic has expert replies
Followed by:2 members

The table above shows the number of days worked by a certain sales representative in each of three months last year. If the number of sales calls that the representative made each month was prportional to the number of days worked in that month and if the representative made a total of 168 sales calls in the three months shown, how many sales calls did the representative make in August?

(A) 50
(B) 51
(C) 56
(D) 57
(E) 60

The OA is D.

Please, can any expert assist me with this PS question? I don't have it clear and I appreciate if any explain it for me. Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:54 pm
AAPL wrote:Image

The table above shows the number of days worked by a certain sales representative in each of three months last year. If the number of sales calls that the representative made each month was prportional to the number of days worked in that month and if the representative made a total of 168 sales calls in the three months shown, how many sales calls did the representative make in August?

(A) 50
(B) 51
(C) 56
(D) 57
(E) 60

The OA is D.

Please, can any expert assist me with this PS question? I don't have it clear and I appreciate if any explain it for me. Thanks.
Table please.
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Here's the table.

by AAPL » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:36 am
I don't know what happened with the table, sorry. Here's the table.

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:42 am
AAPL wrote:I don't know what happened with the table, sorry. Here's the table.

Oddly, it only shows in the "preview" window before I type a response - I believe the site is having some technical problems.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

by AAPL » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:48 am
Sure, I really made it but when I published the topic, the attachment disappear! I think so, there are some technical problems with the website. I'll try again later. Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:29 members

by Scott@TargetTestPrep » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:23 pm
AAPL wrote:Image

(A) 50
(B) 51
(C) 56
(D) 57
(E) 60

The OA is D.

The total number of days worked in the 3-month period is 20 + 17 + 19 = 56. If we let n = the number of calls made in August, we can create the equation:

168/56 = n/19

3 = n/19

57 = n

Answer: D

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage