720 in 2 months, +12 points on Quant, EMPOWERgmat Prep

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I was looking for a low-cost option as I was not set on taking the GMAT or applying to business school. I stumbled upon EMPOWER after a bit of Google searching and pulled the trigger because it was a great price point compared to other more established prep services. I was immediately impressed with EMPOWER's candid approach to GMAT prep. This service is geared towards one thing: getting you a 700+ on the test. Below are some thoughts I had as I went through the curriculum.

Style: I loved EMPOWER's straightforward approach. In the quant videos, Rich is very direct about what's important and what's not. He gives little tidbits about the architecture of the test that are very helpful in juicing points that other test-takers may miss. Alongside giving a great understanding of how the test works, the video lessons are very effective in teaching the concepts. Most of the quant section relies on math you've learned at some point in the past, so a succinct refresher is all that's needed, and Rich's videos are great at that. They mix in quiz questions along the way to ensure you're getting it. On the verbal side, the sentence correction modules really help in identifying what to look for and how to eliminate wrong answers. I found that I could often get the right answer (even when it sounded weird) by using the EMPOWER rules to eliminate wrong answers. Very helpful.

Accessibility: I had a few "freak out" moments during my studying where I needed some feedback to get me refocused and reoriented. Most of those moments were on weekends and I was very impressed with Rich's accessibility. He personally responded to me quickly even on Saturdays and Sundays.

Overall: I can't imagine there's a better value out there. EMPOWER gives you the tools to succeed and the confidence to understand the test for what it is. Highly recommended as a comprehensive yet succinct and efficient prep course.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:01 pm
Hi jp815 ,

That's OUTSTANDING news! With a 720, you have a score that's well above the 90th percentile, so you can comfortably apply to any Business Schools that interest you - and you shouldn't hold back when it comes to your applications.

1) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

Congrats again on your success!

Another GMAT Assassin has been made!
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]