Any help on which prep material i should purchase?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I took the GMAT unprepared and i scored a very low score. I'm giving it a shot again and i dont know the prep materials to go for. Can i get some advise pls. I need to improve both quant and verbal. Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:37 pm
Hi Efyaaa,

Many Test Takers go into their GMAT studies without really understanding how much of a challenge the whole process can be, so you're not alone. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you're looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How did you score on the Official GMAT (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to retake the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Efyaaa » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:01 am
I used two months to prepare. Princeton Review but obviously it didn't help.
I didn't finish the quant. My quant score was lower than my verbal score even though initially i was quite ahead of the game with quant.
im targeting 700+.. I'm hoping to retake 1st week in December and apply to BS latest by January.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:06 am
Hi Efyaaa,

Many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores, so if you put in just 2 months of study time, then that would help to explain why you didn't score higher. That having been said, before I can offer you the specific advice that you're looking for, I really need to know how you scored on your practice CATs and on the Official GMAT:

1) How did you score on each of your practice CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
2) How did you score on the Official GMAT (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]