Max: Although doing so would be very costly

This topic has expert replies
Followed by:23 members
Max: Although doing so would be very costly, humans already possess the technology to build colonies on the Moon. As the human population increases and the amount of unoccupied space available for constructing housing on Earth diminishes, there will be a growing economic incentive to construct such colonies to house some of the population. Thus, such colonies will almost certainly be built and severe overcrowding on Earth relieved. Max's argument is most vulnerable to criticism on which one of the following grounds?

(A) It takes for granted that the economic incentive to construct colonies on the Moon will grow sufficiently to cause such a costly project to be undertaken.
(B) It takes for granted that the only way of relieving severe overcrowding on Earth is the construction of colonies on the Moon.
(C) It overlooks the possibility that colonies will be built on the Moon regardless of any economic incentive to construct such colonies to house some of the population.
(D) It overlooks the possibility that colonies on the Moon might themselves quickly become overcrowded.
(E) It takes for granted that none of the human population would prefer to live on the Moon unless Earth were seriously overcrowded.

What is wrong with the other Options? Please help me on this experts.

OA A

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by Vincen » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:31 am
I already could discard options B and E. But, I can not determine why A is correct.

Expert can you help us here? Thanks.