deleted

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

deleted

by Dreamyagrawal » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:02 pm
deleted
Last edited by Dreamyagrawal on Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770
Hi Dreamyagrawal,

Sorry to hear about your test-day experience. Your score definitely is not a reflection of your skills (according to your practice tests).

As you've noted, the Verbal section was your undoing. This is not uncommon. Sometimes a ridiculously long and difficult RC passage can knock you off your game (both in timing and in confidence). Unlike the quant section, where you can easily pass on a question, the verbal section has RC passages with up to 4 questions, so you really can't skip the passage altogether. Esoteric science topics (e.g., string theory) can really kill one's confidence, especially if you've never enjoyed science.

If I were you, I'd conclude that you were somewhat unlucky with the passages you received. I have a feeling that if you wrote the test today, your score would be MUCH HIGHER. So, put all of this behind you, schedule another test, and keep doing what you've been doing. It sounds like you're on the right track.

Cheers,
Brent
Last edited by Brent@GMATPrepNow on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

by Dreamyagrawal » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:48 pm
Thank You Brent !
I found your Video course very helpful during my preparation. I will wait for my ESR as well to gather more data and get back to you for more feedback.

Brent@GMATPrepNow wrote:Sorry to hear about your test-day experience. Your score definitely is not a reflection of your skills (according to your practice tests).

Hi Dreamyagrawal,

As you've noted, the Verbal section was your undoing. This is not uncommon. Sometimes a ridiculously long and difficult RC passage can knock you off your game (both in timing and in confidence). Unlike the quant section, where you can easily pass on a question, the verbal section has RC passages with up to 4 questions, so you really can't skip the passage altogether. Esoteric science topics (e.g., string theory) can really kill one's confidence, especially if you've never enjoyed science.

If I were you, I'd conclude that you were somewhat unlucky with the passages you received. I have a feeling that if you wrote the test today, your score would be MUCH HIGHER. So, put all of this behind you, schedule another test, and keep doing what you've been doing. It sounds like you're on the right track.

Cheers,
Brent

by Dreamyagrawal » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:24 pm
Now after ten days without studying and practicing anything I took Manhattan's Mock and scored 690 (Q49/ V36)
should I retake exam within 1 week or wait and study before my next attempt.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:34 pm
Dreamyagrawal wrote:Now after ten days without studying and practicing anything I took Manhattan's Mock and scored 690 (Q49/ V36)
should I retake exam within 1 week or wait and study before my next attempt.
Nice work! 690 is definitely more in line with your previous practice tests.

I think you've shown that your 600 official test score was the true anomaly.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com