Manhattan Prep vs Veritas in-person tutoring (washington dc)

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Hi All,

I had planned to take the GMAT on July 5th, but I have been unable to achieve enough mastery after 2 months of preparation using an online prep company, so I decided to invest in in-person tutoring. I am applying for admission in Fall 2018, so instead of rushing to take the exam, I decided to give myself until the first week in October.

I have worked hard over the past two months, practicing a minimum of 3 hours daily (without fail) -- 2 hours early morning, 1 hour after work -- but only managed to get my practice score up to 680. I am aiming for a 740 and up. I know the frequency of practice necessary, but I really want to make sure I am spending my time practicing the right things, the right way.

I am wondering if there are people who have taken both Manhattan and Veritas in-person, and can talk to their experience with both? A good friend of mine from College used Manhattan to raise his score from 640 to 740, despite a hectic work schedule. I however want to hear about experiences with Veritas, because I see that Veritas allows you take the course more than once, if you need to.

Thanks in advance

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:247 members

by ceilidh.erickson » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:25 am
I'll let others with experience with both companies speak to their personal impressions, but I just wanted to point out:

- with Manhattan Prep, you can re-take the course multiple times at a substantial discount (not free, but <25% of the 1st time price).

- As part of the course, you get access to our full curriculum of interactive video lessons - the only fully interactive lessons in the industry! So you essentially get the in-person class + online self-study course in one.

- After you take the course, you also have access to:
- 2 free private consultations / tutoring lessons with an instructor
- our entire suite of online resources
- discounted price for private tutoring, if you choose to sign up for that.

If you have any other questions while you're comparing/contrasting, talk to our Student Services team: [email protected] or +1.800.576.4628.
Ceilidh Erickson
EdM in Mind, Brain, and Education
Harvard Graduate School of Education

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:05 am
jaiyeolab wrote:Hi All,

I had planned to take the GMAT on July 5th, but I have been unable to achieve enough mastery after 2 months of preparation using an online prep company, so I decided to invest in in-person tutoring. I am applying for admission in Fall 2018, so instead of rushing to take the exam, I decided to give myself until the first week in October.

I have worked hard over the past two months, practicing a minimum of 3 hours daily (without fail) -- 2 hours early morning, 1 hour after work -- but only managed to get my practice score up to 680. I am aiming for a 740 and up. I know the frequency of practice necessary, but I really want to make sure I am spending my time practicing the right things, the right way.

I am wondering if there are people who have taken both Manhattan and Veritas in-person, and can talk to their experience with both? A good friend of mine from College used Manhattan to raise his score from 640 to 740, despite a hectic work schedule. I however want to hear about experiences with Veritas, because I see that Veritas allows you take the course more than once, if you need to.

Thanks in advance
Well, you can check out Veritas testimonials here: https://reviews.beatthegmat.com/veritas-prep

My advice - take a free trial class with both and go see which instructor feels like a better fit.

You can sign up for a free trial here: https://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/free-gmat-class/
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by jaiyeolab » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:49 am
Thanks, ceilidh.erickson

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:247 members

by ceilidh.erickson » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:59 pm
DavidG@VeritasPrep wrote: My advice - take a free trial class with both and go see which instructor feels like a better fit.
100% agree! I love my company (and I'm sure David does, too), but when you're dealing with top companies that both have carefully crafted resources, the personality fit of the instructor might make more of a difference than the materials themselves.
Ceilidh Erickson
EdM in Mind, Brain, and Education
Harvard Graduate School of Education