What is the key to a successful business school application?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
The Key to a Successful Business School Application

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde

"How do I get into the top business schools? What can I do to stand out from the competition? Is there a 'formula' that will help me get accepted into the MBA programs of my choice? My friend/colleague got into [fill in the blank] by focusing on [fill in the blank] on his/her apps - should I do the same thing?"

I often get asked these questions from clients and prospective clients seeking an edge in the business school application process, and of course, I understand what is prompting these questions. The MBA admission landscape has never been more competitive; for example, Harvard Business School's acceptance rate for the Class of 2018 was 11% and Stanford's was 7%. Given such tough odds, how does a candidate shine in a pool of very qualified applicants?

Here's the answer: by being authentic.

So what does it mean to be authentic? Simply, as Oscar Wilde so aptly stated, by being yourself. Click here for three ways in which to come across as authentic in a business school application.

About Ivy Groupe:

Shaifali Aggarwal, the Founder/CEO of Ivy Groupe, is a graduate of Harvard Business School (HBS) and Princeton University. Shaifali has spent over five years successfully coaching 200+ diverse clients to top-tier MBA programs. She was most recently EVP, Business Development & Strategy as well as a Senior MBA Admissions Consultant at a leading admissions and test prep company. Prior to that, she worked in finance at leading companies such as JPMorgan and Neuberger Berman. She also has experience working in the educational non-profit sector and as an entrepreneur, founding an online media company.

Ivy Groupe (https://www.ivygroupe.com/) is a boutique MBA admissions consulting company providing personalized and customized services to clients from around the world who are applying to top-tier MBA programs. We are passionate about helping our clients achieve their dreams so that they can impact the world.

Click here to sign up for a free consultation with Shaifali!
Ivy Groupe, Founder/CEO
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting