Test center refused to deliver the exam. Please help me!)

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Dear beatthegmat members ,

Just 2 days before my exam I received such a letter from Pearson Vue:

"Dear candidate,

You are receiving this email message because you are scheduled to test at a site which has notified us they will not be able to deliver your exam at that time. Your exam appointment may need to be rescheduled, depending on your client's reschedule policies.

We have started contacting everyone affected by this issue. If you prefer to call us to discuss your options regarding your appointment before we reach you, please have the Case ID provided in this e-mail ready when calling us."

Can anybody advise me on how should I act in that situation ? I suppose I should not pay extra for rescheduling, because it is not my fault that the situation took place. So, does anybody know what is a process of rescheduling the exam in that kind of circumstances?

I will be very grateful for answers and help.

Elena

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:410

by diegocml » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:20 am
Hi Elena,

This is a very unfortunate situation. I can only imagine what would happen if a student had left to take his/her exam on that day and that day happened to be his application deadline.

I don't believe you have to pay to reschedule your exam. It certainly wouldn't be fair. So, go ahead and call them to investigate your options.
Diego

1st GMAT attemp: 410 (Q18 V27)
2nd GMAT attemp: 490 (Q35 V23)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:36 am
Hi Elena,

This is certainly an unfortunate situation, but these things sometimes happen. Many Pearson Testing Facilities are in office buildings - and if there's building construction or some type of prolonged, "noisy" maintenance scheduled to take place, then you would end up taking the GMAT under significantly 'unfair' conditions. My guess is that you'll be given the option (without any additional charge) to either move your Test to another location (assuming a 'spot' is available) or reschedule your Test at that same location at a later date.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:20 am
This exact scenario happened to a couple of my students some months ago. They were eventually able to reschedule their exams without incurring a fee, but the process was a bit slower than one might have hoped. So there's every reason to believe that this will be resolved, but it might require some patience/persistence on your part.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by Mo2men » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:43 am
Hi Elena,

I know it is irritating. It happened to me 4 months ago and the test center was polite to call me as they had technical problems to deliver all Pearson tests; not only GMAT exam.

What did I do?

I went to the main website in the 'contact us' section. In the right corner you will see 'chat now'. I chatted with the Representative with all data needed such my name and numbers and test date...etc. She asked me when I want to reschedule my exam. I told here the exact date. She did it and I received email with new date. All of that free of charge. You need only to choose time as it is not 24/7 service.

Good Luck

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ElenaPush » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:20 pm
Dear diegocml, [email protected], DavidG@VeritasPrep and Mo2men,

Thank you very much for your answers! You showed me that it is possible to find justice in "GMAT world" )) I tryed to contact Pearson Vue and GMAT through my account, but all I get was auto-responder's letters.
I wrote to [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] today and now I'm waiting for their answer. I hope that they will eveatually react and provide me with a proper explanation.

Mo2men, I'm so grateful to you for your advice. I contacted with a Representative. He told me that I must contact US or ASIA office to schedule my exam via phone.I called to US office, but nobody answered me. I was waiting for 20 minutes=( Why on Earth it is so hard to schedule the GMAT, apart from passing it=))