Question pack 1 cannot install on new SSD

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Question pack 1 cannot install on new SSD

by Pazoki » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:50 pm
Hello,
I purchased Question pack 1 from Empower-Gmat and installed on my laptop and use it once.Then I substitute My HDD with a SSD for better performance. Now I have problem to install Question pack 1 as it says "this license has been already used" I asked GMAC and once customer service with a remote access to my computer couldn't solve the problem and said that will follow the problem with technical team but there is no reply any more from his/her by now.
Can anyone help me how to solve the problem?

Thank you

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:30 am
Hi Pazoki,

Have you reached out to our Support Team (at [email protected])? And as an aside, do you still have the original HDD? Since the license was clearly 'linked' to that hardware, you could potentially reinstall it to use the software that you downloaded. While perhaps not an ideal solution, it would get you the access to the materials.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Pazoki » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:08 pm
Hi Rich,

I didn't send email to Empower. I have that HDD on my laptop but as I set my SSD to boot windows from, I cannot reinstall Operating system on HDD again.In fact I use HDD as storage not for boot up windows.

Regards
Behzad