Kindly help - ESR attached

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Kindly help - ESR attached

by DHILLONRAVI1983 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:08 pm
Hello folks, I am stuck in the vicinity of V40 and need your guidance on how to break this plateau. Unfortunately, I have nobody else to take guidance from, and online forums are my only source.

GMAT 1st attempt on Feb 3rd - 720 Q48 V40.
2nd attempt on Feb 22nd - 740 Q49 V41

I have done OG17, GMAC practice questions, OG verbal review and Manhattan's strategy guides.

--- In my attached latest ESR, it appears that I was wrong on 6 questions. Is that interpretation right?
--- Does that mean people who get V51 get every problem right?
--- If 6 questions dropped the score by 10 points (51 - 41 = 10), does that mean every question i got wrong dropped my score by about 2 points?

Thank you very much.
Attachments
RAVINDERJEET DHILLON_312196392_ESR.pdf
(415.21 KiB) Downloaded 172 times

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:14 am
Hi DHILLONRAVI1983,

To start, both of these scores are outstanding (they're both well above the 90th percentile), so you should apply to any Business Schools that interest you. As such, a retest is almost certainly not necessary. Depending on your overall profile - and the Schools/Programs that you want to apply to - your time would likely be better spent working on other aspects of your application(s).

As an aside, in a prior post, you appeared to show some interest in Finance-based Programs. Highly-ranked Programs that focus on that specialty tend to place a higher value on an applicant's Quant Scaled Score, so raising your Quant 2-3 more points would likely be far more beneficial to your overall profile than raising your Verbal Scaled Score 2-3 points.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]