RC Strategy

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

RC Strategy

by schumi_gmat » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:25 pm
Hi,

I am facing lot of problems in RC. I make lot of mistakes under pressure as I take time to understand the passage. in one read and hence end up spending lot of time on the questions.

My success rate with RC is 60%. I need to improve it to 80% atleast.

Can you suggest some better way to improve RC score?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Re: RC Strategy

by wonder » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:34 pm
schumi_gmat wrote:Hi,

I am facing lot of problems in RC. I make lot of mistakes under pressure as I take time to understand the passage. in one read and hence end up spending lot of time on the questions.

My success rate with RC is 60%. I need to improve it to 80% atleast.

Can you suggest some better way to improve RC score?
hey schumi_gmat, if you take time to understand the passage, try scribbling down the main points with respect to each para. it helps one to retain focus and get back to the relevant para as per the question..ofcourse it does vary from person to person but just writing down the main points of each para wont cost you much time.

infact, i also suggest that try to use your CR techniques for RC (eg strengthen / main point / weakness) try to focus on each RC as a (little ;) ) lengthy CR..THATS IT!!! :D all the best!!!!!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Montreal06 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:41 am
I have awful issues with RC as well...mostly towards the latter end of the practice exams when my focus and energy are fading.

Writing is the only way to maintain the focus and keep your brain on the paragraphs in front of you!

Does anyone have other tips for RC?

I'm great with CR and fine with SC, but RC is pulling my verbal score down. :(