MBA Profile Fitment

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

MBA Profile Fitment

by prashant11690 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:10 pm
Hi. I am an engineering grad with my majors in Production & Industrial Engineering. After my graduation, i went into sales. Now i have 2 years & 10 months of work experience into sales.
Now i want to pursue my MBA into finance/international business/or anything which interests me(yet to decide). My question is, should i now switch from sales to completing my masters into something different from sales? Will i get into a good B-School even if i get a good GMAT Score? Will this be a good decision(in terms of my career)?
What's your opinion about this?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:20 pm
Not sure I understand precisely what you're asking, but I'll take a shot: do you have sufficient business experience to apply for an MBA? Yes, almost three years of experience is fine. In terms of which schools you might be competitive for, I'd need to know a lot more about your background, studies, work and leadership experience, international exposure, and of course we'd need a solid GMAT score.
Given the quantity of information we need, I recommend that you reach out for a free consultation with Stacy Blackman Consulting. We can answer questions, provide advice and help set you up to make your MBA dreams come true in 2017. Sign up here: https://www.stacyblackman.com/contact/

Thanks for your query!
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me