No votes
ESSEC
100%

Total votes: 1

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

[MiM] RSM vs IE vs ESSEC

by TheVaguelyCurious » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:47 am
Hello,

I am an Indian student and recently received admissions offers from RSM (Netherland) and IE (Spain) for their respective MiM courses; besides, I'm also expecting a response from ESSEC (Paris). I'm a bit confused and looking for some advice on my final decision.

My field of interest is Marketing and my goal is Brand Management. I intend to work in Eu after the course and career growth / job opportunities in the country of education would be major deciding factors.

As an institution, I believe IE is much highly regarded (at least as per rankings) compared to the other two. However, the economic situation in Spain is a big concern for me and hence I am a bit sceptic. I'm not sure if an international student would get to work there and if an IE degree would help me get a job in any other country?

Personally, my inclination is towards RSM mainly due to their education system and a comparatively welcoming job market for international students. I had originally applied for their Master of Marketing program but that was denied and instead they offered me a spot in MscBA/MiM. I like the institution and country, hence am open to exploring this program too. Plus it costs much less compared to other schools.

About ESSEC, the main thing that draws me is the thriving economy in France and job opportunities in Paris. Again their program is very high ranked but I'm not sure if I should go by just rankings. I understand that securing a job in any Eu country is extremely difficult but I am willing to network extensively and explore every possible option.

It would be of immense help if someone could please share their thoughts on these programs and advise on this decision? Any sort of suggestion/experience/advice would be really appreciated.

Also, please do let me know if more details would be required?