Usc vs ucla vs Pepperdine Emba

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Usc vs ucla vs Pepperdine Emba

by Gunther » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:14 am
All,
I have been accepted to all three schools and have been racking my brain to try to decide and was looking for some advice. Franlkly, all three schools feel like they fit in different ways. All three have their drawbacks to me. The students at usc were outstanding. I could really feel the collaborative culture. Ucla had great instruction. On my class visits, I was able to understand the material even though I had not been in the class before. Pepperdine was very welcoming and the teachers were engaging. Just looking for the community's thoughts. Thanks.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:710

by MBAreapplicant84 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:57 pm
Gunther wrote:All,
I have been accepted to all three schools and have been racking my brain to try to decide and was looking for some advice. Franlkly, all three schools feel like they fit in different ways. All three have their drawbacks to me. The students at usc were outstanding. I could really feel the collaborative culture. Ucla had great instruction. On my class visits, I was able to understand the material even though I had not been in the class before. Pepperdine was very welcoming and the teachers were engaging. Just looking for the community's thoughts. Thanks.
Were you accepted to the EMBA program at all three schools or just Pepperdine? I am a recent grad from the full-time program at UCLA, so I can speak to that, but I am not too familiar with the EMBA program.

by Gunther » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:59 pm
I am accepted to all three.

by Gunther » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:23 pm
Can I get some help please?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:710

by MBAreapplicant84 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:32 pm
Gunther wrote:Can I get some help please?
Hi Gunther,

Just want to make sure I understand. You were accepted to the EMBA programs at all three school correct? If that is the case, I don't have any solid pieces of advice. I know that Anderson at-large, has fantastic professors, great network, and an incredibly supportive and entrepreneurial culture. What are some of the important factors for you, and maybe I can comment on those in particular. But like I said, my experience is with the full-time program and I don't know a ton about the EMBA program.

Thanks,
James

by Gunther » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:30 pm
Yes, I am into all three schools. I am mainly looking to get a broad perspective on a variety of industries as I will be leaving the military a few years after I graduate.