Profile Evaluation - ISB Hyderabad

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation - ISB Hyderabad

by ragbnand » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:12 pm
Dear All,

I am a CA and an ISB aspirant. Planning to apply in R2 for 2017-18 batch

This is my profile.. please evaluate my chances and let me know..

Female, 25
Chartered Accountant.

Acads:
85% in 10th (School topper )
95% in 12th
Bcom A & F - 65%

CA - Cleared in first attempt with 53%- (Articleship in a BIG 6(grant Thornton)

GMAT - 660

Others:
CMA Inter - All India 37 Rank

Work Experience: 3.5 years by March 2017 constituting 2 years in consulting industry and 1.5 years in pharma industry

Currently working for a BIG 4 - Risk Advisory

Industry/Sector exposure: Manufacturing- Pharma, IT ITES, Manufacturing and trading - Mobile,Banking etc.,

Reporting directly to the director, handled several audits and managing a 2-3 member team and mentoring the team to meet the project deadline
Got Kudos Award once for being the performer of the quarter.
Part of the 2 member team for developing a SOP in my office and effectively implementing it.

Extra curriculars :

Won many competitions at school level.

Volunteer of Nirmaan Organization(NGO) and involved in many social welfare activities

Awarded in school for being a consistent student

Want to build a career in consulting.

My target school is ISB.

It would be great of you guys bother to suggest some other schools(one year MBA) as well..

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by mcbMcK » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:34 am
Consider the following points ragbnand:
  1. For reasons mentioned here, we do not speculate on school selection or chances. That said, it will be important to understand your profile better. I am assuming that the 3.5 years you have mentioned is post-qualification? That will put you about 2 years lesser than the usual average for most good schools. You'll have to showcase maturity beyond years to overcome that bit - not sure if that holds true for you yet?
  2. The other potential stumbling block is likely to be the GMAT. While your Inter rank is great, the more recent evidence will make the adcom doubt your academic prowess. Given the previous point, you really need all guns blazing and if you cannot wait another year, it'll be important to have another shot at GMAT. This is also important since consulting firms also look at it during placements.
  3. In India, there aren't very many options. Outside, you can explore schools in Asia/EU which are about a year's duration.
Hope this helps some.

Cheers,
MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com