The method that allowed me to go from a 550 to a 760(49,45)!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
First of all, let me introduce myself: I am a 21 year old, Italian student of Economics and Finance at Bocconi University, located in Milan. I have scored 8/9 on the IELTS, but in no way did I feel confident about the verbal section of the GMAT before starting the course taught by EMPOWERgmat, as I am not a native English speaker. This alone should be a testament to the effectiveness of EMPOWERgmat.

Before signing up for the course, I had taken a CAT and scored 550. Six weeks later, on my official test day, I scored 760 (49,45). What I believe sets EMPOWERgmat apart is the fact that it's a course focusing on the method and mindset to beat the GMAT, rather than just giving you math or grammar knowledge. Anybody could do that, but few can teach a way to treat the test like a true challenge and give practical tips to overcome any kind of obstacle that may come in your way. The GMAT is a standardised test, and EMPOWERgmat will help you interiorise all its features so that when it's finally game day there will be no surprises.

Clearly, the course doesn't "only" give such practical tips. In fact, from the get-go, you can shape your studying program and decide its duration based on your necessities. There will be lessons refreshing some basic math and geometry concepts that you probably haven't seen since high school as well as crucial lectures for non-native speakers on how to crush the verbal. Throughout all these learning experiences the teachers will always try to make you deeply understand the forma-mentis you need to have in approaching this test, and I believe that this mindset will be useful also for future challenges!

I am truly glad I gave this course a shot, and I strongly recommend you do too.

P.S.: I took 6 CATS in between and scored 670, 710, 650, 710, 720, 740. Textbook used: OG 2017.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:00 am
HI 4llen,

That's OUTSTANDING news! A 760/Q49 is an outstanding score result (right around the 99th percentile overall), so you can comfortably apply to any Business Schools that interest you!

1) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

If you're planning on applying to any highly-ranked Schools, then you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert. We have a 'go-to' Expert who we recommend in these situations and the Support Team can set you up with a free consultation. Just let me know if you're interested. Congrats again on your success!

Another GMAT Assassin has been made!
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]