Profile evaluation for Indian Manufacturing Guy

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
hi team.
Last edited by Thesaintonwheels on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:23 pm
Hi Thesaintonwheels,

Although your GMAT score is slightly less than some of your target schools, you shouldn't fret over it if you can write a solid application. And, if you're applying in R2 this year, there isn't much time left to re-take the test.

What matters a lot in the application are signs of leadership, curiosity, impact, problem-solving, and the like in, mainly, your career. From what you've mentioned, you seem to have some of these ingredients to reflect upon in your application. Execute it well and you can have a shot at some of the schools in your target list, though MIT and Kellogg will be tough. And, last, your work-ex is bit less-represented in B-schools in general, which is a positive sign.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
--------------------------------------
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:49 am
Thesaintonwheels wrote:Hi team,

I would be very thankful if you guys can evaluate my profile.

GMAT : 710 (Q50:V34: IR:6)
Grad School : NIT Rourkela, CGPA: 7.9

5 years of Workex as of now in a Top Automobile OEM.(Will be 6years if I join next year) Currently working as an Assistant Manager in the Process & Supply Chain Side. I have also worked in Export Operations for 2 years(included in those 5years). I have varied experience in manufacturing to write about.

I have worked with automobile companies based out of Japan and Europe for launching our products in their market.I have been recognized and appreciated few times at work. Always ranked in top 10% at my workplace.
In few of my roles I have managed a team (from 2 to 15 members).
I have never worked outside India but I have worked with teams from Japan and few European countries.

Extra-Curricular:

NGO: I have worked for a NGO since 4years. Mentoring, teaching & career counselling.
College: Good extra-curriculars. Managed college fest, part of publicity team, founded quizzing club.

I am interested in Operations Management.

Target schools:MIT Sloan, Kellogs, Ross & Tepper.

Are these schools over-ambitious for my profile?

Thanking you in anticipation.
Not necessarily, with a great application (that is really key, for most applicants in general, but for someone with a profile like yours in particular), but as an Indian applicant you could always benefit from a higher GMAT score. Additionally, I am not sure I understood from what you wrote what your career curve has been like? That could be of importance.

I would say you are reaching high with the schools you mentioned but that certainly does not have to mean they are out of reach, just that I am not sure I understood your career and the different aspects of it well enough to be able to give you a clear cut answer. If you'd like the ARINGO team to take a closer look at your profile, feel free to fill out a free profile review request on our website https://aringo.com/.
ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting
https://ARINGO.com/

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/
Or contact us today on: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/

Highest acceptance rates in the industry! All statistics verified by Ernst & Young