Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Options for married applicant

by sidceg » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:31 am
Hello,

I had already requested for a profile evaluation here

However, I would like to narrow down my search in this post. I want to emigrate with my spouse where she also can work full time while I study.

Given my profile and above requirement, what are the schools and countries I can target?

P.S. I had initially thought about only one year programs but since 2 year programs are more immigration friendly, I wouldn't mind applying for them as well.

Thank you.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:21 pm
Hi sidceg,

U.S. and Canada are two likely countries you may consider, with Canada being faster and easier from emigration perspective. However, if you're looking at jobs in tech companies, you'll have a better shot from U.S. schools.

Since you're from a competitive applicant pool, your target schools shouldn't be off in terms of median GMAT score. Another thing you can keep in mind while evaluating schools is to look at their recruitment reports and see which of them have high recruitment % in tech industry and within the industry do top companies recruit there. Amazon, for example, recruits in large numbers at several campuses in U.S.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
--------------------------------------
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Donna@Stratus » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:16 am
sidceg wrote:Hello,

I had already requested for a profile evaluation here

However, I would like to narrow down my search in this post. I want to emigrate with my spouse where she also can work full time while I study.

Given my profile and above requirement, what are the schools and countries I can target?

P.S. I had initially thought about only one year programs but since 2 year programs are more immigration friendly, I wouldn't mind applying for them as well.

Thank you.
I agree with the advice you got from 99Colleges! Best wishes to you both.