GMAT - 650, Target 720 Two weeks left !

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT - 650, Target 720 Two weeks left !

by sidmenon1493 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:01 am
Hello Everyone

I have my GMAT examination scheduled on 25th Sept 2016 and I am really nervous about my score.

I just took a Veritas Prep CAT and scored 650 which is decent enough however I wish to hit at least 720 on the GMAT. I am at a loss to explain why I am losing out on the questions.

While practicing I usually have a success rate of over 80% in both Quant and Verbal but in the practice CAT, I somehow managed to get a lot of questions wrong.

Can anybody guide me how to prepare in the coming 2 weeks so as to boost my score ?

Thanks !

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:00 am
Hi sidmenon1493,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you're looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What materials have you used?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
4) Have you taken the FULL CAT each time (with the Essay and IR sections)?

Goals:
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:22 members

by Jeff@TargetTestPrep » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:01 pm
Hi sidmenon1493,

You may find it challenging to raise your GMAT score by 70 points in only two weeks; however, before providing more specific advice, I have a few questions for you:

1) Describe your study routine. For how many hours a day have you been studying and for how many total months? What resources have you been using for your prep? For how many hours a day can you study for the next two weeks?

2) Have you taken any official MBA.com exams? If so, can you provide us with the dates and score breakdowns of those practice exams? When you took the practice tests, did you take them under realistic conditions (e.g. in a quiet environment, no extended breaks)?

3) To what schools do you plan to apply?

4) What deadlines are you targeting?

5) Do you have the flexibility to push back the date of your exam?

Jeffrey Miller
Head of GMAT Instruction
[email protected]

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews