Mock Tests/ Practice Tests

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Mock Tests/ Practice Tests

by ronit1894 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:00 am
Hi,

Where can i get full length GMAT mock tests so that I am able to figure out my weak points and also manage time accordingly.

Legendary Member
Followed by:140 members
GMAT Score:800

How to rock the GMAT.

by MartyMurray » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:26 am
For official practice tests made by the maker of the GMAT, go to MBA.com. Those tests are the practice tests that are most like actual test. The first two are offered free. There are four more that you can purchase in two sets of two tests.

Some people stick with using official tests only, while others use a variety of tests, and I have seen one person take around 25 different practice tests in preparing for the GMAT.

One thing to be aware of is that while resetting and retaking official, or other tests, can be useful in certain ways, the experience of taking a retaken test is not quite the same as that of taking a fresh test or the actual GMAT. So be careful not to count too much on retaken tests during your preparation.
Last edited by MartyMurray on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marty Murray
Perfect Scoring Tutor With Over a Decade of Experience
MartyMurrayCoaching.com
Contact me at [email protected] for a free consultation.

by ronit1894 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:32 am
Hey,

Thanks for the suggestion.
Yes, I will not reset the test and retake it as then I won't be able to figure out whether I have improved or I just remember the answers.

Does the 'official guide 2016' has full length tests?

Legendary Member
Followed by:140 members

by MartyMurray » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:44 am
ronit1894 wrote:Yes, I will not reset the test and retake it as then I won't be able to figure out whether I have improved or I just remember the answers.
Well not all of the questions would be the same, but even if some of the questions were ones that you have seen before you wouldn't experience the time constraints or other pressures that you experience when all of the questions are new.
Does the 'official guide 2016' has full length tests?
No. While the OG includes a diagnostic test, that test is not in the same format as the GMAT and is not considered a practice test.
Marty Murray
Perfect Scoring Tutor With Over a Decade of Experience
MartyMurrayCoaching.com
Contact me at [email protected] for a free consultation.

by ronit1894 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:46 am
Oh, Okay.

Thank you so much :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members

by [email protected] » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:01 pm
Hi ronit1894,

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. The most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC (the 2 free CATs, and each of the 2 that come with Exam Pack 1 and Exam Pack 2), but the CATs offered by Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are 'close enough' to the real thing that those CATs will offer you a reasonably accurate score result (IF you use them correctly).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by ronit1894 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:40 pm
Thanks Rich!