Need a Proper Schedule. Please Help !

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need a Proper Schedule. Please Help !

by sudtiwari » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:42 pm
Hi,

I am Planning to write my GMAT exam in May last week this year.I have started my preparation but i think its not going in a proper way.I tried solving the OG practice problems and i am able to solve most of the quant parts without any issues. I want to finish my preparation in a month.
books i am using :
1. Offical guide 2015
2. Mahattan Critical reasiong and Sentence correction.
3. kaplan Premier (using for quants)

Please suggest what needs to be done.I want to get score atleast 650+. thanks in Advance

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:17 pm
Hi sudtiwari,

Based on what you've described, I have a few questions:

1) How long have you been studying?
2) You say that you want to finish your studies in a month, but a Test Date in late May is closer to 2.5 months away. What do you plan to do during that 1.5 month period of time?
3) Have you taken any FULL-LENGTH practice CATs yet? How have you scored (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by sudtiwari » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:36 pm
HI Rich

Please find the answers

1) How long have you been studying? = its been 2 weeks now
2) You say that you want to finish your studies in a month, but a Test Date in late May is closer to 2.5 months away. What do you plan to do during that 1.5 month period of time?

Actually i am working in an IT industry. So want to start giving Mock Tests once i complete the syllabus.

3) I didnt give any mocks yet
4) And Yes i want to apply to Business school's ( Nanyang Singapore and Great Lakes ,India are my choices)

Please provide some inputs. Thanks alot for helping :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:247 members

by ceilidh.erickson » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:21 am
Don't wait until after you've "completed the syllabus" to take a practice test. Take one right away, so you know a) what the test feels like under time constraints, and b) what your strengths and weaknesses are.

You can take one for free on the Mprep site: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/free ... tice-test/

Then, make sure to REVIEW your practice test in a lot of depth. Look for areas of content weakness, but also focus on careless mistakes you've made, and being to track these. This will help you to know where to focus your studies.
Ceilidh Erickson
EdM in Mind, Brain, and Education
Harvard Graduate School of Education

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:33 am
Hi sudtiwari,

Since you're just beginning your studies, it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. It's also important to take FULL CATs on a regular basis (1 CAT every 1-2 weeks) so that we can measure your progress.

Many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores, so it's not practical to assume that you can finish all of your studies in such a short period of time (and then just take practice CATs afterwards).

A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by Brenda Bouie » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:35 am
I would suggest kind of obvious, but useful suggestions:)
Firstly, train yourself to do calculations in quant second. Take a small trainee sessions of counting in mind everyday to practice this skill.
Secondly, solve the preparation tests examples at least twice a week.
Practice makes perfect and short study sessions are better.
Create the standout msv personal statement in due to show the selection committee your best qualities, great experience and strong motivation.