Looking for study buddies!

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Looking for study buddies!

by chochloe » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:44 am
Hi everyone :)

I'm based in London and taking the 19th August sit. Aim for 700+.

I'm ok with quan part but can't deal with verbal properly as I'm a real slow-reader... (like I can get 27 right out of 30 CR questions but it'll take me one hour or more )

Anyone wants to study together please feel free to drop me a message!

PS I'm a 23yo girl who only bites when too much non-study topic during study.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:49 am
Hi chochloe,

You've defined your score goal, but you haven't included any other information about how you've been studying or your timeline. If you're looking for study suggestions or advice, then it would help if you provided a bit more information:

1) How long have you studied?
2) What materials have you used?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

As an aside, you should spend about 2 minutes on a typical CR prompt (and slightly more time on tougher ones), so answering 30 CR questions in an hour (or so) is reasonable from a pacing standpoint.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by chochloe » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:39 am
[email protected] wrote:Hi chochloe,

You've defined your score goal, but you haven't included any other information about how you've been studying or your timeline. If you're looking for study suggestions or advice, then it would help if you provided a bit more information:

1) How long have you studied?
2) What materials have you used?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

As an aside, you should spend about 2 minutes on a typical CR prompt (and slightly more time on tougher ones), so answering 30 CR questions in an hour (or so) is reasonable from a pacing standpoint.

Rich
Hi Rich

Thanks for concerning

1) I've been preparing for nearly 2 weeks, I have an intense schedule to stick with.
2) I'm using OG bundle and Manhattan Prep materials
3) Haven't done CAT yet since I didn't feel quite ready
4) I'll apply for 17/18 entry

And for CR questions I meant over one hour and a half, sorry my mistake.

Thanks for your advice, the making of GMAT assassin is under progress!

by rtriv85 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:13 am
Hi chochloe,

I'm just starting to prep and looking for study buddies.

I'm using Magoosh & OG, and will probably get the Manhattan Prep stuff soon.

I'm going to start with with Quant, cover eacb topic and then hit Verbal.

Wanna connect?

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:28 pm
Hi chochloe,

If you've been studying for just 2 weeks, then your pacing shouldn't even be a concern yet. Many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent, guided study before they hit their 'peak' performances, so it's understandable that you wouldn't quite be up to that level yet.

With your current Test Date, you have just 4 weeks remaining before your Official GMAT, so you really MUST take a FULL-LENGTH CAT (with the Essay and IR sections) sometime soon so that we can get a sense of your current skills, strengths and weaknesses. Without that score result, we have no way of knowing what you should actually be focusing on (and we have no idea how close you are to your goal score). Once you have that score result, you should post back here and we can talk about your studies going forward.

Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]