Profile Eval Request

by sailingintobschool » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:49 am
Hello,

740 GMAT
3.45 GPA
BS in biological science from top 4 US public university
23-year-old Asian-American female

Experience
3 years (at matriculation) in research and project management at a life sciences consulting firm. The firm is not well-known but works with blue-chip clients. Projects are on the technical side, but my role is client-facing and I've had the opportunity to work on the firm's business development and strategic planning. Given project and people management responsibilities after 8 months, and promoted after 16 months after that. My pre-graduation internship experience consists of several selective biomedical research internships and hospital shadowing

Extracurriculars
Currently: STEM outreach to middle and high school girls via speaking at an annual conference
Previously: leadership roles in college's life sciences entrepreneurship club and student self-governance body, and competitive club sport (along the lines of water polo/sailing/fencing)

Goals
(Short-term) Strategy consulting for pharma/biotech and consumer health companies
(Long-term) Management-level corporate strategy in a multinational pharma/biotech/consumer health company

Schools Considering:
Columbia
Kellogg
Tuck
Yale
LBS
NYU Stern
UVA Darden
Cambridge Judge

I've noticed that many schools, especially the European ones, have classes with average work experience around 5 years. Would having only 3 years be a concern to AdComs?

Is my schools list realistic? Also, I'm aiming to apply to all R1 - but in case timing is tight, are there ones that you'd recommend I submit R2 instead?

Thank you!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:27 am
the key for you will be to explain why NOW is the right time for you to pursue the MBA, this will be supported with very solid career goals going forward. The rest of your application does appear strong and appropriate for the types of schools you have listed.

I think you should identify the 4 schools you most want to gain admissions, and put those in Round 1. If you are not successful, then apply to the remainder in Round 2 ... or something like that. I don't think there will be any difference for you, in terms of chance of admissions, for which rounds you apply as long as it is the first 2 rounds.

cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/