Profile Evaluation

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by AmitMalhotra » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:53 pm
Hello Experts,

I am Amit, 27 male, from India. I would like to know the competency of my profile and need the guidance for applying in universities. My profile is as below:

1. School info:

Class X - Marks-72% , completed in 2003
Class XII- Marks- 66%, completed in 2006

2. College info:

Bachelor of Technology (Electronics and communication) from Krishna Institute of Engineering and technology, Ghaziabad, India, Marks- 71%, graduated in 2011, ranked 2nd in batch.

3. Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience:
Coordinator and member of various college student committees and societies. Volunteered for National Service Scheme (NSS) and Pulse Polio Removal Programme.
was a member of football team of school. Actively participated in various extra curricular competitions and won several prizes(including 1st prize in skit and GK quiz at inter college level). Also participated in various theatre and mime organised in college.
Have done certification in project management during job after college.

4. GMAT score : 710

5. Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?

- I am a Wedding Photographer,I have been doing this from last 5 years and have shot close to 1000+ weddings till date.While this was a passion for me which turned into a business later,I had to hire a number of people to carry out day to day activities for this.As of now a total of 33 people work for my company and we shoot close to 100 weddings a year.

- Along with that i have also founded a company called "Wedding Meet up" which organises gathering of people from all the different segments that make up the wedding industry in the city.Currently we have over 6000+ members to it and we conduct over 6 gatherings annually.It has received massive success in previous year and as helped many vendors to strengthen their businesses.

6. Target programs.
MBA at Harvard,LBS.

7 When you plan to apply?
R1/R2, 2016

8. Post-MBA goal.
Either finance or General management , probably in a company focused on operations, infrastructure, real estate or oil and gas.

Thanks in anticipation.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:09 am
your entrepreneurial experience is interesting, and will hopefully form a cornerstone to your applications. You need to apply in Round 1, and you are shooting for the very best and with only 2 schools. I would broaden you target schools a little for sure. You also need to be more passionate about your goals. Right now it just seems you are pursuing an MBA because you want to exit your business ? cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/